welcome to my blog...

I have had a plan to create a personalized Wellness Recovery Action Program (WRAP) to help me manage my disability: Bipolar Disorder. I decided to write down in a binder a Daily Page that outlined the things I did everyday, focusing on some basic information to help me track my recent habits. I am hoping to change these daily/semi-daily blogs so that they will help me form my personalized WRAP. I will also be adding links that I think are significant to Mental Illness and also a separate link list for WRAP interests.

Monday, August 1, 2011

And I'm Feeling Very Anxious...


SATURDAY, JULY 31, 2011

Mood - I got up at 11:30 am. I didn't take the meds. when I got up. I felt puffy and droopy, dopey and uncomfortably warm. I basically drove myself through the day by working. I was active today more than yesterday. I felt okay during the day because I didn't think or pay attention to what I wanted, I just did tasks.

Physical - I woke up at 11:30 am. My knee is only a bit sore compared to last week. The front of my knee is weak. I'm still limping when I go to the bathroom in the morning but not as bad as last week and even less than the week before. I feel tired and weary but the mood is okay. I think I'm affected by the heat mostly. I did much more activity today than yesterday but I went out only once to drop off something at the storage shed with Mom.

Woke up -  I got up about 11:30 am. I didn't take the excedrin and allergy meds but not the Aleve. I took the gummi vitamins around midnight. I should have taken the meds when I got up at 10:30 am because I think I would have felt better during the day.

Activities -I went to bed around 4:00 am. I didn't close the curtains but fell asleep. I got up at 11:30 am. I got up after Mom told me I should. It was a hot day, but there was breeze. Once I got up I went downstairs and started preparing for the cookout. Mom was steaming some wax beans so I could make a salad. I had asked K last night to get ice when he got up. I told Mom to add that we needed soda also for drinks. 
I had made 3 gallons of ice: 1 for the ice tea prep, 1 for drink use and 1 for the cooler. I rinsed out the cooler and set it up with the frozen meat: the hamburgers, hot dogs and the salmon that wasn't frozen. I was prepared for the buns, we'd left them in the fabric shopping bag that we'd brought in Friday night.  I fed the fish at some point in my morning. I found the lettuce and placed it in the separated dish, I added a green pepper Mom picked this morning after I sliced it. I sliced up an onion and the bits that weren't good for putting on the hamburgers as condiments I chopped up and put in a metal bowl. I chopped up an end slice of a tomato that was in the cooler. I added that to the metal bowl too. 
Once the wax beans were steamed I put them under cold running water to cool them off further. I added them to the metal bowl and then about half a cup of the balsamic vinaigrette and tossed them together. I had to cut up the beans into thirds to make the salad easier to toss. J arrived around 12:30 pm. She helped Mom and I prepare. As we set up Dad went to the table expecting lunch. Mom got upset so I made him a polluck sandwich from leftovers and the two salads.
J and Mom sat down to watch the television with Dad as he watched The Princess Diaries. I continued preparing food and trays to be taken out to the picnic area. Eventually E and Jm came with potato salad and a card for C. K had gotten back from Wakefield with the soda and the ice. I sent him out with the ice to put in the cooler along with the soda. I sorted the cooler out and unloaded the tray I brought with me  on to the picnic table and the work table. Lemonade, iced tea and condiments as well as cooking utensils were laid out. Later I brought more items out like the salads and other foods. Mom set the meats on the differing grills. She tended to them while everyone sat down and helped themselves to drinks and food. I got myself a hamburger and some bean salad (which went over really well!) I tended to the grills for a while so Mom could sit down and eat. Everyone had a good time it seemed. 
E reminded me that Dad might be hungry so I set him up a plate with a burger, salads and salmon, before I ate my food. I brought it in to him (this was about 2:00 pm,) but he wasn't hungry and said so. I told him that I would leave the plate there for him so he could eat it when he was ready.
Jm had brought Mom some wine from France as a gift for her. I brought out Mom's crystal ware for the wine and poured it for the people who wanted it. It was DELICIOUS! Sweet, thick and full of flavor I drank all of mine. I finished my meal and started to clean up. B, Jm and Mom helped bring trays and plates and foods inside. I sorted through these items and put dirty dishes in the dishwasher, food in containers, dry dishes away and other stuff where ever it needed to be. I collected some ice cream scoops into a cup and filled the cup with hot water for the cake and ice cream that was to come. I gave K two knives for the cakes to take outside with some serving spatulas. Cake was served with the ice cream. 
After taking those dishes in B and J left, E and Jm took a walk with Mom and C went upstairs. K went to George's Beach for a swim. I emptied the dishwasher of clean dishes and put them away. I filled the dishwasher with dirty dishes like the glasses and serving vessels. I cleaned all three of the grills. I emptied the grill coal holders of ashes into Mom's ash bucket. I pretty much finished cleaning the items and kitchen up. 
Mom wanted to take the stored items the storage room in Bonnet. She didn't know if J and SM were coming with the girls and tried to call him from her phone. She didn't have the correct number for his cell phone and didn't have SM's number at all since she had a new phone. I called their home number from my phone and J's cell and left messages to not bother coming of he didn't want to. We knew the traffic was bad. We didn't know that SM was going to be coming too. 
I called SM's cell phone from Mom's phone to tell her to get in tough with J and tell him not to put himself out. Shortly thereafter SM called and told Mom that they were heading over. She wanted to go clamming in the cove. So we headed out soon so that we'd be here when they got back but told K and Dad to wait for their arrival. Traffic was bad (I later found out it was a "Bay Day" where today all the beaches were open and free). Once we got to Anchor Storage we found the facility closed. So we had to head back without storing the linens. 
Back at the house J and Sm took the girls to the cove and were clamming with K. Mom went down to help them when we arrived back at home. I started putting together food while they were down at the cove clamming. I just basically did all the things I did this morning except found the potato chips that we'd forgotten. I also mixed the two potato salads together that E had made for everyone and for P and Sl's girls. I added dried onion flakes, Miracle Whip and Mrs. Dash. The grills were started once everyone came back from the cove with the clams. Mom put a pot of water on to boil so the clams could be steamed. I washed 6 glasses by hand and gave them to K to take outside. She brought out the reheated salmon as well as some other things I set up for the cookout. I brought out the trays I had refilled. Mom put the meat on one grill. I made a plate for Dad with salmon, watermelon and potato salad and brought it inside for him since it was after 5 minutes before 6 pm. 
We sat outside eating and drinking. Eventually dessert was brought out after the steamed clams were consumed and everyone was finished with eating dinner. J and I had some wine. I brought leftovers in again and threw out all the paper plates and garbage. I put away the dirty dishes in the dishwasher as well as cleaned off the serving dishes as well. SM and C opened their gifts. The girls became tired and J and SM had to leave. I gave them the piñata to take to their house for this coming saturday.  
I watched Point Blank with C and Mom. I came upstairs and watched Isolation as well as Frankenstein Unbound. J had asked what we (in general,) could do to spend time while he was here. I looked at the Patch to see if there was anything special going on tomorrow.  Everything there was after 5 pm. Mom is suppose to go to a church meeting since it is the first Monday of the month. I have to feed Dad. I'm not feeling well lately. I don't know how I am doing or how things will turn out this month considering all the many stressful events that are coming up. I am worried and watchful. 

WRAP - I wrote today's blog. I wrote yesterday, today and Friday's Daily Pages.

Plans for Tomorrow I plan on getting up. I plan on maybe seeing J at E's house. I need to buy a gift for LA.
  
{I want to change a bad habit so that I 1) Stop doing something bad 2) exchange the bad action with a positive action 3) and get a result that will help me in my life.}

A reminder: I need to plan a weekend worth of menus for Dad while Mom, E and J are away in August. J is coming on the 28th of July for a few weeks. Mom will be going to NY the weekend of C's birthday, the 15th and the 14th August. E and J are planning on going with her so I need to plan for at least 2 days worth of menus. August 17th Mom is having the cataract surgery. August 18th to the 27th R is taking his vacation so I can't help C out  with work Thursday through Saturday. I need to make sure I schedule nothing for 3 days. Mom as well as Dad will need my help then. I need to glue tissue paper on the piñata and decorate it the July birthday party cookout. I can't find the little gifts from the last piñata. I also need to wrap E's and Lil's gifts. I also need to buy Lia a gift since we are planning to combine the August and July birthdays in one celebration while Jerome is here.  ALSO CALL JONNYCAKE CENTER FOR FOOD BASKETS OR EXTRA FOOD. AND MAIL THE ENVELOPE TO HUMAN SERVICES. Sept. 19 through October 1st I will be in Philadelphia. I need to plan a menu for the Piepszacs before I leave for that weekend. 

Things that gave me joy today and things that made me feel better about myself:
Joy: I was busy all day.
Made me feel better about myself: I kept myself from thinking too much. 

Useful Links Online:

http://www.benefits.gov/
found in: Disability.gov Weekly Digest Bulletin
This is a government website that has a Benefit Finder eligibility questionnaire to help you locate government benefits, grants and information in how to apply for assistance.

Some people are told the federal government will give them free money for just about any reason. The truth is that help from the government is provided through benefit programs that serve important purposes, such as job training, nutrition assistance, education, health care and other needs. In order to receive government assistance, you must complete an application and meet the program eligibility requirements.
Government grants are awards of financial assistance to an individual and/or organization to carry out a government authorized purpose, such as a program. They are not provided as personal benefits or assistance.
So if you need help, where should you go for assistance? Visit Benefits.gov, the official benefits website of the U.S. government. Through the site, you can use the confidential Benefit Finder eligibility questionnaire to automatically generate a list of benefits tailored to your specific needs across all assistance categories. You can also search for specific assistance programs by state, category or federal agency.
There are several ways you can stay up-to-date on the latest information from Benefits.gov. You can subscribe to email updates or the quarterly Benefits.gov Compass newsletter, follow the site on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.
For more information on assistance programs for individuals with disabilities, visit the Benefits section of Disability.gov. You can also view a list of programs for people with disabilities on Benefits.gov by visiting the Browse by Category page and selecting the “Disability Assistance” link.

No comments:

Post a Comment