welcome to my blog...

I have had a plan to create a personalized Wellness Recovery Action Program (WRAP) to help me manage my disability: Bipolar Disorder. I decided to write down in a binder a Daily Page that outlined the things I did everyday, focusing on some basic information to help me track my recent habits. I am hoping to change these daily/semi-daily blogs so that they will help me form my personalized WRAP. I will also be adding links that I think are significant to Mental Illness and also a separate link list for WRAP interests.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Day Out With J...

TUESDAY, JULY 12, 2011

Mood - I went to bed around 3:00 am. I didn't eat after 9:00 pm. I got up at 2:46 am so I could close the windows upstairs and downstairs because a Thunderstorm came up. The rain came fast. I went back to bed and read "Shakey". I got to sleep around 4:00 am. I was motivated enough all day. I spent the day with J and her boys. My mood: I felt motivated J was coming with boys once I got up and woke up. 

Physical - I got up around 10:30 am. My knee is sore and hurts this morning. I forgot the meds. when I got up. I walked to Georges' beach. I crawled over the Jetty and walked about the Lighthouse at Beavertail. I also walked through the South County Commons with J, J-C and A. J and I perused Marshall's too.

Woke up - I woke up 10:30 pm when Mom asked me if I was getting together with J and the boys. I left about 11:20 am for the beach. I took the gummi vitamins at 1:15 am Wednesday and the excedrin around 5:30 pm before seeing the movie.

Activities - I woke up and texted J. She asked me to bring a shovel and bucket to the beach. I walked down to Georges' and texted J to see where they were on the beach. J and I sat and talked on the beach as we watched A swim and JC  play on the sand. We then followed A to the Jetty where he met an older woman who was crabbing. J and I talked while he crabbed with the gear she lent him. After a while J decided that JC had been patient enough and waited for A to have time on the beach. We walked over to Buster Krabbes' for lunch. I had some of the appetizer: Mt. Hookahpipealoha - Fresh made nacho chips 
smothered in Monterey Jack & Cheddar cheese & topped with black beans, 
lettuce, black olives, tomatoes, scallions, jalapenos & red onions. Served 
with our own traditional or mango salsa & sour cream.   Pick one & have  a 
real good time!   Grilled Chicken  $11.99 and the Maui Chicken Sandwich - Marinated & grilled chicken 
breast topped with our own Honey BBQ, bacon, Monterey Jack Cheddar 
cheese, Maui onions & grilled pineapple.  $9.99 with fires and 2 diet pepsis. We left Buster Krabbes' and went to the Lighthouse Inn where they were staying so JC and A could take a shower.
I took some pictures of the Old Dutch Inn. It looks bear and uncared for but not horrible. It was worse than the last time that J, JC and A stayed there. About 2:30 pm we went to Mom's house so I could get a Crazy Burger gift certificate. We then left for Beavertail Lighthouse's Aquarium. The aquarium was a bit bear of local marine animals because many of the animals had been donated by other people. Only one aquarium had animals caught by Marine Fisheries. The ferret that was inside made J kind of ill by its smell so we left after about 10 minutes. I dropped my change in their donation box so that the ferret could get surgery for a physical problems. 
J, JC and A walked around the cliffs a bit and looked at one of the placards about boats on the Narragansett Bay. We then drove over to DEM at Fort Dumpling. We walked around the bunker there and looked at the mouth of the Bay. I brought them down to the Mine houses that are now offices and the Wet Labs and showed them the placards about WWII and Fort Dumpling. we got back in the SUV and headed over to South County Commons to see when the next movie would be. 
We saw that the next movie was the Transformer's movie at 6:30 pm. Since we had some time we walked over to the ice cream shop where they got ice cream and I got a Diet Mountain Dew and took the excedrin. 
J asked if there was anywhere we could go to to waste some time. She decided to take us to Marshall's. the boys went to Game Stop and J and I wandered around Marshall's for about half an hour. The boys came back and J and I left without buying a thing. We returned to the theater, bought our tickets, large drinks and sat down in the theater. 
It was a long movie and about half an hour before it ended I went to the bathroom, called Carquest and called Mom. Mom told me that K had taken my car and said he was going to work. I finished in the bathroom and returned to watch the rest of the movie. It was about two and an half hours long. J drove me back home. She said she and the boys were going to be going to Scarborough Beach tomorrow and then leaving for CT. I told her to call me in the morning if she wanted me to come with them. I'd get up because I'd be able to. 
Once I came inside I ate a pork chop and a steak as well as some Jell-o salad from last night. Mom gave me some chard too. I went on line and wrote up my Daily Page. I went down stairs, talked to Mom for a little bit then ate 2 raw hot dogs around 11:30 pm. I also watched another episode of Hoarders and painted the piñata white and wrote today's blog while watching From Dusk to Dawn 3. I plan on going to bed as soon as I post the blog.

WRAP - I wrote today's blog. I wrote today's Daily Page.

Plans for Tomorrow I plan on getting up. I plan on going to Scarborough Beach with J, J-C and A. I may finish painting the piñata. 
  
{I want to change a bad habit so that I 1) Stop doing something bad 2) exchange the bad action with a positive action 3) and get a result that will help me in my life.}

A reminder: July 11th, 12th and 13th Jane is planning on coming to the Dutch Inn with her boys. On the 19th is the RIBSG at Warwick Public Library room 100, 6:30 pm. Mom will be going to NY the weekend of C's birthday, the 15th and the 14th August. E is planning on going with her so I need to plan for at least 2 days worth of menus. I need to papier-mâché the piñata's trap door closed and decorate it the July birthday party cookout. I can't find the little gifts from the last piñata. I also need to wrap E's, L's and SM's gifts (when SM's gift comes.) ALSO CALL JONNYCAKE CENTER FOR FOOD BASKETS OR EXTRA FOOD. AND MAIL THE ENVELOPE TO HUMAN SERVICES. Sept. 19 through October 1st I will be in Philadelphia. There's a conference Sept 18 through the 21st. in Philadelphia too. 

Things that gave me joy today and things that made me feel better about myself:
Joy: being able to get up and see J and the boys.
Made me feel better about myself: All the activity I did today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment