welcome to my blog...

I have had a plan to create a personalized Wellness Recovery Action Program (WRAP) to help me manage my disability: Bipolar Disorder. I decided to write down in a binder a Daily Page that outlined the things I did everyday, focusing on some basic information to help me track my recent habits. I am hoping to change these daily/semi-daily blogs so that they will help me form my personalized WRAP. I will also be adding links that I think are significant to Mental Illness and also a separate link list for WRAP interests.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Twisted But Changing...

SUNDAY, JULY 17, 2011

Mood - Goal oriented and willing and able to talk. I talked to C about our relationship changing and becoming more mature. I also told him that I wanted our time spent to be different. I would like us to do more together than just go to movies together. I told him that I would like to be healthy and that although Grandma was changing and Dad may be going into a nursing home in September; I have to make sure that I take care of myself. We both had a really good and busy day.

Physical - I got up around 1:00 pm. My knee is sore but not too bad. I forgot the meds. When I got up. I turned on the computer and wrote more for my book. I twisted something in my knee after crossing the road from Crazy Burger to C's car. My knee hurt and the back of my calf ached as the day wore on. My period is still here just not as much as before. I've had it for about 8 days now but Wednesday is when I really saw red. I feel felt awake and aware. I'm not doing well as far as eating after 9 pm. My left top eyelid is still twitching all day long.

Woke up - I woke up 1:00 pm.  I took took the excedrin around 3:00 pm at Crazy Burger.

Activities -I went to bed around 7:00 am. I closed the curtains and fell asleep. I was not tired until we got to B's house because it was kind of hot inside, no migraine though. I was able to get up. I went to the bathroom, did my business, went to my room, opened the curtains and turned on the computer. Mom and Dad had gone to P and S's house for L's party. I wrote a few paragraphs about the past and how it connected to me and my family. I called C into my room to talk to him. Afterwards we went to Crazy Burger where I ordered BAKED BRIE: Filled with sun dried tomato - artichoke pesto, baked in phyllo, presented with a sliced pear, sliced apple, kiwi, grapes and bread for $13.99. C ordered a jalapeno burger that is new on the menu and C had a wonderful new burger made with jalapeños and with a delicious mayonnaise that was tangy and wonderful as a dip for the sweet potato fries. I had an iced coffee while C had a mango raspberry smoothie. We rushed to the car and I twisted my knee hurrying across the street. We drove to the Showcase Cinema to see Horrible Bosses which was funnier than I thought it would be. We then went to B's on High Street around 7:00 pm. We stayed until about 10:00 pm but not before I cooked B some wings. I enjoyed working in the kitchen. 
It was good talking to and seeing B. She told me that her doctor said he thought she had bipolar disorder. She also told me that she didn't have the "personality type" where it affected the personality. That made me angry and offended, but I said nothing. I don't think she knows anything about Bipolar Disorder at all.
C and I went home. He asked me to drive since he had passed out on B's floor. I invited B to the RIBSG but she didn't seem interested. I'm not really surprised but felt that I should offer it to her to get support. I don't know what she expected but she mentioned a sister who'd invited her to an adopted children support group which she declined so I don't expect her to be interested or contact me about it. At home I ate 3 pieces of pizza P sent home with Mom and Dad.
On the way from the cinema I thought I saw a sign that said Free Wood on the side of Saugatucket Road going to B's house. Once I got home I offered K a coffee if he drove me there to pick up some wood. Around 11:30 pm we headed into town and found the sign I thought I saw which said $5 for Fire Wood. I felt like an ass but K talked to me about a past girlfriend who really burned him and had many serious issues. 
He asked me if I would walk around Lil' Comfort with him and talk. We went for the walk and talked then I got inside and went upstairs and watched 2 episodes of hoarders as I continued to decorate the piñata with crepe strips. I took some pictures for the facebook album I have of my creations. After I went downstairs and ate the rest of the pasta salad and 2 raw hot dogs. It's 5:26 am and I still have to post Sunday's blog.
I drank about 3 cans of Diet Pepsi after midnight also. not my finest night.

WRAP - I wrote today's blog. I wrote today's Daily Page.

Plans for Tomorrow I plan on getting up. I plan on doing an activity for WRAP. I have to finish decorating the piñata. I thought I planned on doing something with someone else on Monday but can't remember any plans I made.
  
{I want to change a bad habit so that I 1) Stop doing something bad 2) exchange the bad action with a positive action 3) and get a result that will help me in my life.}

A reminder: On the 19th is the RIBSG at Warwick Public Library room 100, 6:30 pm. J is coming on the 28th of July for a few weeks. E asked Mom to pick him up that day and Mom asked B if he'd come to Boston with her. We are also planning a family party to coincide with J's stay in RI. Mom will be going to NY the weekend of C's birthday, the 15th and the 14th August. E and J are planning on going with her so I need to plan for at least 2 days worth of menus. August 17th Mom is having the cataract surgery. I need to make sure I schedule nothing for 3 days. Mom will need my help then. I need to glue tissue paper on the piñata and decorate it the July birthday party cookout. I can't find the little gifts from the last piñata. I also need to wrap E's and L's gifts (when SM's gift comes.) I also need to buy L a gift since we are planning to combine the August and July birthdays in one celebration while Jerome is here.  ALSO CALL JONNYCAKE CENTER FOR FOOD BASKETS OR EXTRA FOOD. AND MAIL THE ENVELOPE TO HUMAN SERVICES. Sept. 19 through October 1st I will be in Philadelphia. There's a conference Sept 18 through the 21st. in Philadelphia too. 

Things that gave me joy today and things that made me feel better about myself:
Joy: Ordering something very different than my usual at Crazy Burger.
Made me feel better about myself: I was very active today and spent some quality time with K. 

No comments:

Post a Comment