welcome to my blog...

I have had a plan to create a personalized Wellness Recovery Action Program (WRAP) to help me manage my disability: Bipolar Disorder. I decided to write down in a binder a Daily Page that outlined the things I did everyday, focusing on some basic information to help me track my recent habits. I am hoping to change these daily/semi-daily blogs so that they will help me form my personalized WRAP. I will also be adding links that I think are significant to Mental Illness and also a separate link list for WRAP interests.

Monday, July 25, 2011

I Got Kicked In The Taco, All I Saw Was Stars...


SUNDAY, JULY 24, 2011

Mood - I got up early (7 am,) but went back to sleep. I had a migraine and slept through it. Once I got up I took the meds. and improved. My eyes felt puffy and droopy. I felt dopey. I felt happy and free when C was driving to Swansea. I stayed away from the house again I felt I needed to get out. Keeping myself busy and out of trouble was a positive thing and I went home happy. 

Physical - I woke up 7:00 am. My knee is sore but not so bad. The back of my knee and the muscles in the back of my leg feel like the cramping after over exercising and hurting a muscle still but muted. I'm still limping when I go to the bathroom in the morning. My period is almost totally gone. I've had it for about 15 days now but Wednesday is when I really saw red. I feel sticky and skanky. My left top eyelid didn't twitch today so far. I did less activity today than yesterday but got out of the house which improved my mood.

Woke up -  I woke up 7:00 am on my own. I went back to bed and to sleep until about 11:00 am. I took the excedrin and allergy meds but not the Aleve. I had a migraine as I slept.

Activities -I went to bed around 1:30 am. I didn't close the curtains but fell asleep. I got up at 7 am and went to the bathroom there was a fire truck in front of our house on the neighbor's side of the road and C wasn't home yet. I went back to bed because it was so early. I woke up again for good about 11 am. Mom was going to Rite Aide so I left with her so she could get the 30% family discount E gave her. We went home after picking up some medical stuff and hygiene necessities. I ate a regular salad with balsamic dressing. I made some tuna fish salad and made a sandwich with a bagel with it. I text B about Mom and him going to boston to pick up J this Thursday. once it was 2:30 pm C and I left for Swansea Regal Cinemas to watch Captain America. We got there about 3:06 pm and C went to the local Wendy's and ate a burger meal. We both went in and saw the movie in 3D. We drove into fall River hoping to spot a place to eat a meal. We looped back onto 195 and drove to East Providence to the Gregg's there. 
I ordered a meat pie with a salad and mashed potatoes. C ordered nachos for both of us to share and a Chicago Fire: Roast beef, turkey, lettuce, tomatoes, Swiss cheese and Russian dressing, served on grilled rye bread with fries. After we ate a piece of Chocolate layer cake which is always good at Gregg's. 
We drove home well sated. I helped Mom give P his last pill. (thank the stars, he's been kind of a turkey to Mom, yesterday he wouldn't come in until Mom played with him then grabbed him at 9 pm). I went online and wrote the daily Page for today and the blog. I came down stairs to ice and lemon up a caffeine free diet Pepsi and sat with Mom and P to watch U-571 a submarine movie set during World War II. P was looking out the window at the back yard. 
I came upstairs and wrote a Gregg's review on Yelp.

WRAP - I wrote today's blog. I wrote today's Daily Page. 

Plans for Tomorrow I plan on getting up. I plan on doing an activity for WRAP. I have to finish decorating the piñata. I plan on filling out the Genetic Alliance Online Questionnaire. I need to ask C when R is leaving for his vacation to see if it coincides with Mom's cataract operation and recovery.
  
{I want to change a bad habit so that I 1) Stop doing something bad 2) exchange the bad action with a positive action 3) and get a result that will help me in my life.}

A reminder: I need to plan a weekend worth of menus for Dad while Mom, E and J are away in August. J is coming on the 28th of July for a few weeks. E asked Mom to pick him up that day and Mom asked B if he'd come to Boston with her. We are also planning a family party to coincide with J's stay in RI Mom wants it to be this next Sunday. Mom will be going to NY the weekend of C's birthday, the 15th and the 14th August. E and J are planning on going with her so I need to plan for at least 2 days worth of menus. August 17th Mom is having the cataract surgery. I need to make sure I schedule nothing for 3 days. Mom as well as Dad will need my help then. I need to glue tissue paper on the piñata and decorate it the July birthday party cookout. I can't find the little gifts from the last piñata. I also need to wrap E's and Lil's gifts. I also need to buy Lia a gift since we are planning to combine the August and July birthdays in one celebration while Jerome is here.  ALSO CALL JONNYCAKE CENTER FOR FOOD BASKETS OR EXTRA FOOD. AND MAIL THE ENVELOPE TO HUMAN SERVICES. Sept. 19 through October 1st I will be in Philadelphia. I need to plan a menu for the Piepszacs before I leave for that weekend. 

Things that gave me joy today and things that made me feel better about myself:
Joy: I cooked a meal by myself.
Made me feel better about myself: I got through the day without getting anyone angry. 

Other Stuff I Discovered While Online:

This is a quote from a video online:
http://front.moveon.org/kate-winslet-i-dont-look-like-that-and-i-dont-desire-to-look-like-that/#.TiwscfTXW_y.facebook
"...turning a human being into a thing is almost always the first step toward justifying violence against that person...  ...the person is dehumanized and violence then becomes inevitable." by Jean Kilbourne

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22CHWDRTF8R/

Genetic Alliance Online Questionnaire
Having a child or family member with a genetic condition, chronic disease, disability, or special health need often leads people into roles or lives they never expected. Many of the positive changes to programs, policies, care, and support have occurred because of the work of families affected by these conditions. Many say they never imagined they would become public speakers, support group leaders, legislative activists – or any of the numerous “advocate” roles they now take. So how does this happen? That’s what we want to ask you!
This week Genetic Alliance, in partnership with Family Voices and The Arc, launched an online questionnaire that allows experienced family advocates to share their advocacy journey, including how they developed certain skills and created the opportunities to influence systems.

They will turn those experiences into stories that will inspire and encourage others to take action to improve lives and enrich communities. By collecting these stories into a publication and identifying the common themes, readers, who are family members or individuals recently diagnosed with a genetic condition, chronic disease, disability and/or special health need, will begin to understand how to influence their own path in advocacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment