welcome to my blog...

I have had a plan to create a personalized Wellness Recovery Action Program (WRAP) to help me manage my disability: Bipolar Disorder. I decided to write down in a binder a Daily Page that outlined the things I did everyday, focusing on some basic information to help me track my recent habits. I am hoping to change these daily/semi-daily blogs so that they will help me form my personalized WRAP. I will also be adding links that I think are significant to Mental Illness and also a separate link list for WRAP interests.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day Out...


WEDNESDAY, MAY 25, 2011


Mood - Still tired but functional. I took an allergy pill and a whiff of the Advair. I made myself get up even a half hour late. I didn't feel so bad 'cause I was hyped up for Anita. Today Dad seemed okay. He was worried that he shit his pants again and when asked he said his bum felt okay. 
Physical - I felt normal today; no wheezing, no stuffiness. I was alive today. I went to bed around 4:00 am "last night" after going up and down the stairs to get tasks done for today.
Woke up -  I woke up at 9:33 am. 
Activities - Last night I did nothing for WRAP and nothing on a workbook page. I did yesterday's Daily Page and Blog. Anita was with Dad downstairs when I got up. We chatted. I told her I was going to do errands, basically lied. I checked on Mom's plants outside and they looked water logged so I drained them. Erika called to see how things were going. I set up Dad's lunch, the leftover fish, a green salad and a granola bar. I went upstairs to change and get ready to get out of the house. After calling Ofelia (she was on the phone,) I continued getting ready to go and turned on my computer to see what was up. Ofelia called me back and we decided we'd get together. When I got there we decided to go to the Great Harvest Bread Co. a bakery/coffee shop. I got a sandwich and an iced coffee the best I've had in years. We talked and then went to Job Lot and looked around after Ofelia returned some soil. After we went back to Ofelia's place I headed home. I made dinner: chicken and dumplings (BURNED THE SHIT OUT OF THE BOTTOM!) fruit salad and a yam for him. Caryl liked the chicken and dumpling leftovers which I had already removed the burned bottom parts from so it didn't ruin it. 
I packed the leftovers before Caryl ate any he and Kevin came home separately and late. Dad and I watched Jeopardy then two episodes of the Big Bang Theory. Through these I wrote the Daily Page for today. James called to see how we were doing. I loaded the dishwasher after Caryl ate and turned it on. I went upstairs about half way through Criminal Minds. Mom called around 8:00 pm and talked a bit about her trip and what she did today. She also talked about that nice lady from Germany and how her life has been a very hard trial lately. I set up Dad's night meds up while she and Dad talked. I went to my room and went online, copying all the blogs in chronological order and saving them to the external hard drive. I took out the wash from the dryer and folded it. I went back downstairs and set Dad's morning meds up, changed his chair pads and set up his morning food arrangement. I put the clean dishes away but left the plastic in the drainer on the sink. I ate the last of the strata also. 
  Dad went to bed around 11:00 pm tonight. His meds weren't on the table, neither was the spoon I put them in. I went back upstairs and wrote this blog.
WRAP - Wrote this blog. I wrote a Daily Page too. 
Plans for Tomorrow  I have to prepare his clothing for Nancy. I would like to mow the yard.  I plan on making his Lunch (a grilled cheese sandwich with a fruit salad and a granola bar) and check on the garden, Mom's plants. Iron as much of his clean laundry as I can stand. Make dinner (hot dogs and buns, fruit salad, yam, baked beans maybe roasted potatoes in ranch coating baked in oven.) Set out Dad's meds at night after dinner. Then set up his breakfast place again with his morning meds. The blog and Daily Page. Wash delicate fuzzies tomorrow. I'm going to make hot dogs tomorrow. I talked to Kevin and told him I'd feed him before they leave for the movies. Erika MIGHT come over tomorrow. She has the day off but might be busy.

A reminder: Mom comes back from North Carolina around 4:00 pm, Friday 27th. Find a movie Kev and Dad can go to and preplan it with Kev (talked to Kev tonight he'll take Dad to a movie on tomorrow). I need to call about the D Valproex before the week is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment