welcome to my blog...

I have had a plan to create a personalized Wellness Recovery Action Program (WRAP) to help me manage my disability: Bipolar Disorder. I decided to write down in a binder a Daily Page that outlined the things I did everyday, focusing on some basic information to help me track my recent habits. I am hoping to change these daily/semi-daily blogs so that they will help me form my personalized WRAP. I will also be adding links that I think are significant to Mental Illness and also a separate link list for WRAP interests.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

More Important MI Information... AND THIS IS TUESDAY'S POST!!


TUESDAY, MAY 10, 2011

Mood - Better, improved. Tired. Still sleeping too much.
Physical - Stuffiness, stuffed itchy throat, puffy feeling eyes, and tired, took an allergy pill at 12:00 pm. No migraine in "morning". I went to bed at 6:00 am also "last night".
Woke up - 12:00 pm I got up, made myself pasta with asparagus, keilbasa, marinara and pesto.  I went to sleep around 6:00 am last "night". I ate a keilbasa in a slice of bread around 2:00 am. Last night Mom made the hamburgers. Tonight she made salmon and eggplant parmesan with spaghetti and a fruit salad of papaya, strawberries and pears.  Again going to try to go to bed before 4 am.
Activities - Last night I assembled the outer edges of the tiger puzzle James brought me from Japan. I watched Wasteland a documentary of a Brazilian Artist who made portraits of "Garbage Recycling Pickers" in the worlds largest dump. Today I woke up at 12:00 pm. Mom and I cleaned under the dishwasher because Mom claims it smells bad. There was a dead mouse under there that has been living in the wall behind the dishwasher and the piano. I felt good and continued to clean the shelves that hold the wraps, bags and cooking/baking ingredients next to the dishwasher that we have to move to put the mouse trap in so we can kill the mice. Mom thinks we may have gotten them all but isn't sure yet. Sunday night/Monday morning a mouse jumped at my face when I went into the cabinet under the spice shelving. I was startled but not scared. It took off like a bat out of Hell. I rototilled the garden for Mom and felt much much better that that task is out of the way. Mom and I went to Critter Hut so she could get a filter to attach to the pump for her pond. (You see ever since Kevin dropped these projects Mom is maintaining the pond and I am maintaining the aquarium.) They said that the company doesn't offer that part anymore. So no dice on the filter. I bleached the whole top of the aquarium after spotting what looked like white mold on the plastic cover of the tank that opens so you can feed the fish. I hope I got it all. Mom and I took a walk to the field next to the house that Teddy McCaffery grew up in to show me some Jack-in-the-Pulpits.
I went on Rhode Island Bipolar Support facebook page and met Jill, Celia and Trish on the conference chat. Trish and I talked for at least 2 more hours when the others left. I befriended her and will make it a point to go to the meeting that I believe is next week. I gave a J H some advice on getting help from Reed Cosper, the Mental Health Advocate in accordance with her having her children taken away from her. I'll go look for his info and put a link up because it's so very important. Racing thought abounded today. I mapped out an art project for me and the WRAP deal about self identity for me and so I can heal. I cleaned the linoleum on top of the dishwasher from shelf to wall. I bleached it and took EVERYTHING out. A good job. Last "night" I emptied the dishwasher. I also turned off the lights and the television but left Kevin sleeping on the couch. 
It was sunny today and warm. I wrote this blog entry. Checked Facebook and replied to some posts. I did a lot today. I kept forgetting to go to the bathroom when I needed to. My body forgot it had a job to do also. I also picked up the Netflix movie Bad Lieutenant at the P.O. Box when Mom and I went into town. I'm going to watch it tonight.
WRAP - Wrote this blog. I did write a Project page and a Reflections page in the WRAP Workbook about an art idea I have and included a page with the sketch of a tin can head with holes. Did 5 activities today: a short walk, rototilling, support conferencing, the tiger puzzle and cleaning. I did a lot today. I even got in contact with Molly through Facebook. I also am going to post an interesting link about borderline personality disorder - "what bpd is like".
Plans for Tomorrow I plan on calling James for his birthday. I have to call him in the night time. Of course the blogging here and another Daily Page as well as working on more WRAP basics. And working on the art project.


A reminder: Sunday 22nd, Mom leaves for North Carolina until Friday 27th. Review menu for Dad. Review appointments and come up with a realistic activity (at least one,) you both can do together that you can enjoy together. Post the menu. DON'T FORGET TO PAY THE P.O. BOX BILL!!!

Important Information -Another part of this blog that may come and go. This is the Office of the Mental Health Advocate information so for right now although this is current today always make sure you find out if this information that is posted here is correct.

Mental Health Advocate, Office of the
H. Reed Cosper Esq.

vcard.gifContact Information
  • John O. Pastore Center
    57 Howard Avenue, 4th Floor
    Cranston, RI 02920
  • Office Phone: 401-462-2003;800-346-2282
  • TTY: 401-462-6018
  • Fax: 401-462-2008
  • E-Mail:annette.armstrong at doa.ri.gov
Description:
Annual Budget: $441,727
Total Personnel: 4
Legal services to clients of the public mental health system; compliance review, policies and procedures, community mental health centers and psychiatric hospitals.
Responsibilites:
Protect the liberty rights and treatment rights of people with mental illness.
Key Staff

Staff Attorney Bruce D. Todesco Esq.
401-462-2005
Staff Attorney Vacant


Administrative Assistant Annette Armstrong
401-462-2004


No comments:

Post a Comment