welcome to my blog...

I have had a plan to create a personalized Wellness Recovery Action Program (WRAP) to help me manage my disability: Bipolar Disorder. I decided to write down in a binder a Daily Page that outlined the things I did everyday, focusing on some basic information to help me track my recent habits. I am hoping to change these daily/semi-daily blogs so that they will help me form my personalized WRAP. I will also be adding links that I think are significant to Mental Illness and also a separate link list for WRAP interests.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

An Identity Dilemma... That's Not Addressed...


TUESDAY, MAY 24, 2011


Mood - Still tired but functional. I took an allergy pill but before I took a nap along with two Excedrin Migraine pill. I felt out of sorts and dopey all day but not as bad as yesterday. Today wasn't too bad and Dad still wasn't anxious and just took Mom's absence with out any concern. He did voice concern again that she was okay at dinner today. I tried to reassure him and that seemed to work
Physical - Stuffiness in general; I am wheezing. I was still dragging ass most of the day. I went to bed around 3:00 am "last night" after watching Scrubs and Ma Vie en Rose the movie Gary told me he saw when he was younger and identified with.
Woke up -  I woke up at 9:00 am but slept until 10:30 am. 
Activities - Last night I did nothing for WRAP and nothing on a workbook page. I did yesterday's Daily Page and Blog. Today I slept later than 9:00 am. Once I got up I checked dad's bed, stripped it and re-made it. I put the sheets in the clothes basket that had the other whites I collected last night. Caryl had some clothes in the washing machine so I threw his in the dryer, after I took the darks out of the dryer, put the whites in the washing machine and turned on the wash cycle. I took the darks and folded them over the couch ends. I called CVS about Dad's Enalipril and reordered it. I then went and gathered all the recyclables up put them in the car and told Dad we needed to go get his medications. he said he wanted to watch his show (Matlock I think,) until 11:00 am but I didn't have time for the dump, CVS and buying milk. he suggested that I pick up everything and do it with out him. I told him he and I would do the medication later after Nancy came and did his shower. So I went to the dump, and then to Shaw's. When I got back I made us lunch, his first - pork chop sandwich, banana and granola bar I had 2 grilled cheese sandwiches and a pork chop one of the half sized ones. I went upstairs after taking out Caryl's clothing from the dryer, dumped his clothing on one side of the day bed and the darks on the other side. I took an allergy pill and the Excedrin then took a nap. 
At 2:45 pm I woke up and went down to see why Nancy wasn't in the bathroom with Dad. (My bedroom clock is 15 minutes fast is why.) I got out the vacuum for the living room and library floors. I folded the clothes on the day bed then vacuumed when Dad and Nancy went upstairs. I then took the trash out from the kitchen with Dad's old didies in a separate bag. I then heated the oven for the strata and talked to Nancy about Dad's bum. After putting the strata in the oven I arranged the buns in a greased dish and the left over yams in a mini dish and poured maple syrup over the yams. I made a green salad and put it in the fridge. Dad and I ate dinner which he claimed to like. And we saw Kevin parking as we pulled out to go to CVS. When we came back from picking up his prescriptions we saw Caryl zoom by us on the Escape Road. Caryl was at the table eating the food I'd left for the boys, they liked it apparently. I packed the leftovers after Dad and I watched Jeopardy. I washed out the coffee amker it had many many ants in it! After I rinsed it out I set it up for Dad for coffee tomorrow. Mom called around 9:00 pm and talked a bit about her trip and what she did today and her talk. She sounded a little relieved. She talked to dad as I took Dad's dirty pants from his closet and put them in the washing machine on the soak cycle. I also took out the white wash from the dryer and folded it. Between watching the movie and doing household chores I was pretty busy today. I came upstairs around 8:30 pm after watching some of dad's shows with him (NCIS and Criminal Minds.) I set dad's night meds up. I went downstairs and brought the whites upstairs and put them away. 
  Dad went to bed around 11:00 pm tonight. I checked to make sure he'd taken his meds. He wasn't coming out so I could powder and lotion up his crotch and bum. So I said goodnight and went to my room. I'd forgotten to set up Dad's breakfast area and morning meds. So I went downstairs, ate 2 bowls of cereal and 4 slices of LOL cheese did the meds and breakfast stuff and looked at his chair pads (they were not soaked or stained so I left them.) I threw the clean laundry into the dryer and went upstairs taking Dad's hung pants and wet pants with me. I hung his wet pants and put them along with all his clean laundry in Mom's room.
WRAP - Wrote this blog. I wrote a Daily Page too. 
Plans for Tomorrow Anita is coming. I plan on making his Lunch (leftovers of the stuffed fish with a green salad and a granola bar) and check on the garden, Mom's plants. Iron as much of his clean laundry as I can stand. Make dinner (hot dogs and buns, fruit or green salad, yam, baked beans maybe roasted potatoes in ranch coating baked in oven.) Set out Dad's meds at night after dinner. Then set up his breakfast place again with his morning meds. The blog and Daily Page. Wash delicate fuzzies tomorrow. Maybe make chicken and dumplings Thursday if Kevin doesn't get Dad soon enough for the movie?

A reminder: Mom comes back from North Carolina around 4:00 pm, Friday 27th. Find a movie Kev and Dad can go to and preplan it with Kev (talked to Kev tonight he'll take Dad out to eat and a movie on Thursday). I need to another med before the week is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment