welcome to my blog...

I have had a plan to create a personalized Wellness Recovery Action Program (WRAP) to help me manage my disability: Bipolar Disorder. I decided to write down in a binder a Daily Page that outlined the things I did everyday, focusing on some basic information to help me track my recent habits. I am hoping to change these daily/semi-daily blogs so that they will help me form my personalized WRAP. I will also be adding links that I think are significant to Mental Illness and also a separate link list for WRAP interests.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Running Down Now but Still Functioning...


MONDAY, MAY 23, 2011


Mood - More tired but functional. I didn't take an allergy pill. I felt out of sorts and dopey all day. Today wasn't too bad and Dad wasn't anxious and just took Mom's absence with out any concern. He did voice concern that she was okay at dinner today.
Physical - Stuffiness in general even more tired by the time I sat down to watch the boob tube with Dad at night. I was still dragging ass most of the day. I went to bed around 3:00 am "last night".
Woke up -  I woke up at 9:00 am. Dad wanted me to get up, "The delivery men were coming". I told him that that wasn't until 11:00 am and of course they showed up at 10:45 am. I slept between.
Activities - Last night I did nothing for WRAP and nothing on a workbook page. I did yesterday's Daily Page blog. Today I rolled out of bed when Dad told me the delivery men were down in the basement. As I was headed back up the basement stairs James and the girls came in. James brought some stuffed scrod and a huge bag of greens. Dad and I ate that for lunch with some rolls he also brought. James then told me I could go and do what I wanted until 2:30 pm then he had to take off. So I called CVS about the sivastatin for dad and they told me to call back. I wrote up a mini list of things that I needed and went to Shaw's and bought some food. I then went to the Post Office and paid off the PO bill - $62. When I came back I asked Mayle if she'd like to help me get some asparagus and some green onions in the back yard while Leanna slept. I then gave the asparagus to James to take home. I went outside after they took off and rinsed Dad's two pants in the bucket. Then I brought them in and washed them and took them outside and hung them. I replaced the tarp over the bulkhead. 
For dinner I made the saucy pork chops, egg noodles, fruit salad and broccoli. I also prepped the fillings for the strata for tomorrow - kielbasa, cheese, onions and red pepper. we ate dinner around 5:00 pm. On and off I sat and watched a bit of television with Dad. I called CVS after dinner to check on Dad's meds and they were ready. I told them I'd pick them up tomorrow. I washed another laundry, a darks. I went outside, brought in Dad's pants and hung them up to dry inside near the ironing area. I found the cat hurked on my quilt the little bastard. Of course now he's angelically sleeping on Mom's bed. Dad and I watched Jeopardy. I assembled the strata during the commercials. I prepared Dad's clothes for tomorrow and Nancy. Mom called around 8:00 pm and she was on a battleship after having dinner. She sounded really well. I turned on the dishwasher after arranging it so it was full. I came upstairs around 10:30 pm after writing the Daily Page earlier tonight. I set dad's night meds up and told him about them and offered to get him milk so he could take them. When he came up to his room he had his pants off and his adult diaper off. He said he'd shit them so I threw them in a plastic bag and tossed them out. I gave him his pills and some milk and he took the night meds. I moved the dehumidifier back and set up Dad's breakfast area and morning meds. I changed his chair pads also. I threw the clean laundry into the dryer and emptied the dishwasher.
WRAP - Wrote this blog. I wrote a Daily Page too. 
Plans for Tomorrow Strip and make his bed the sheets are messy. I plan on picking up the Simvastatin 20 mgs at CVS. Pick up some milk for Dad. Lunch (leftovers of the Pork chop in a sandwich with some fruit salad,) and check on the garden, Mom's plants. Vacuum both the living room and library. Bake dinner (strata, green salad, yam, something else.) Set out Dad's meds at night after dinner. Then set up his breakfast place again with his morning meds and maybe the coffee maker if there's no coffee left overs. The blog and Daily Page. wash whites tomorrow.

A reminder: Mom comes back from North Carolina around 4:00 pm, Friday 27th. Find a movie Kev and Dad can go to and preplan it with Kev (talked to Kev tonight he'll take Dad out to eat and a movie on Thursday.). I need to reorder the Enalapril for Dad before the week is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment