welcome to my blog...

I have had a plan to create a personalized Wellness Recovery Action Program (WRAP) to help me manage my disability: Bipolar Disorder. I decided to write down in a binder a Daily Page that outlined the things I did everyday, focusing on some basic information to help me track my recent habits. I am hoping to change these daily/semi-daily blogs so that they will help me form my personalized WRAP. I will also be adding links that I think are significant to Mental Illness and also a separate link list for WRAP interests.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Double the Fun... Another Double Blog!


FRIDAY, MAY 27, 2011


Mood - Tired and groggy. I woke up at 9:00 am. Paul was in my face and REALLY, REALLY wanted me to let him out so I did. I ignored Dad who yelled my name as I slumped up the stairs to go back to bed. He walked in my room and told me we needed to pick Mom up now. I yelled back that it was this afternoon not now. he left and I went back to sleep after a while. I took an allergy pill before trying to go to sleep. My head felt weird. I felt crappy all day. 
Physical - I went to bed at 4:00 am also "last night". Tired and groggy, I had a migraine that wouldn't go away even with a dose of 2 excedrin migraine meds. I woke up again at 11:25 am I think. 
Woke up -  I woke up at 11:25 am. I really need to get up very early like 9 am.
Activities - Last night I did nothing for WRAP and nothing on a workbook page. I did do a Daily page but no blog. I made it a point to spend the day here with Dad and let him see me often. I sat with Dad and watched the boob tube. For lunch I made him the precooked hot dogs, small cup of beans and a granola bar. I cleaned and packed the beans up. I took out the chicken that Mom had bought and the chicken bulgogi that I had frozen since Erika's first concert bash with The 'mericans and left them to thaw on the counter. I went upstairs and took the excedrin about 1:00 pm and lay down figuring I'd take a nap before driving to Warwick to get Mom. Dad yelled upstairs and woke me up around 3:15 pm to tell me that I needed to come downstairs and look at my mail. I yelled back to just leave it on the table and I'd check it out later. My head felt like it was in a different country from me. I decided to get up and figure out my plan for dinner and Dad and getting Mom. Downstairs I took out the laundry from the basement and hung it out figuring letting Dad's pants hang out over night wasn't a bad idea to get any residual smells out. When I came in I went upstairs to prepare myself for leaving, combed my hair and changed my clothes. As I was up there Dad yells up that Mom is on the phone and wants to talk to me. She had just landed in Charlotte, VA and their flight was to be delayed again but she didn't know how long. I told her to call me when she was standing in line to board the plane. Dad and I would greet her at the airport I would take Dad out to eat and we'd wait for her 2 hour flight from Charlotte. The night became a waiting game. Eventually after consulting the Charlotte Airport and T.F. Green Airport web sites I called Caryl. He told me he wouldn't be there for dinner and I told him about Mom's dilemma. He said since he was going to BJ's anyways he would just hang out and pick her up when she got in. So I started dinner which was the bulgogi chicken microwaved in a dish, green beans, 2 small bowls of salad for Dad and I, a pot of rice and a yam for Dad with some toast for his chicken. We ate and I told him after checking T.F. Green's website that Mom would be coming in around 9:00 pm. he and I would wait for Caryl to pick her up from the airport. he wasn't too upset but he definitely wasn't happy. He had complained earlier about her not coming in and our not leaving to get her yet. I explained it was the weather's fault. He wasn't happy and looked disturbed all night. I sat with him for Jeopardy most of the way through but checked on the flight schedule most of the night. I prepared Dad's night meds as he sat and flicked between Dateline or some such and NCIS. I made some mini monkey breads and boy were they a mess! I had to clean the oven diaper and the muffin tins  of the caramel and melted margarine. Eventually while Dad and I were watching Dateline Mom came back with Caryl. After welcoming her home and all the souvenirs given out I went upstairs and got online. I went downstairs once I remembered the papers I had for her and the reminders. I went back upstairs and went online and ate a bowl of old fruit salad. I then remembered that dad needed his morning meds and Mom might be out of practice putting his morning stuff out along with his morning meds. So I put out his set up and left a written reminder about Dad's check and meds and went back upstairs after eating the baked beans. I also reordered the folic acid that was low for tomorrow.
WRAP - Wrote the blog for yesterday and today but posted it on Saturday morning.  
Plans for Tomorrow I plan on getting up. I plan on assembling laundry for the washer and hanging it outside. I also plan on getting the car battery jumped again and driving the car around.

A reminder: Monday is Memorial Day. We are planning on celebrating James' and Kevin's birthdays then also.THINK OF A GIFT TO GET THEM!



THURSDAY, MAY 26, 2011


Mood - Tired and groggy. I woke up at 10:30 am. Still sleeping too much. I took an allergy pill around 10:30 am.
Physical - I went to bed at 4:00 am also "last night". Tired and groggy but got things done.
Woke up -  I woke up at 1:00 pm. I really need to get to bed very early like 9 am.
Activities - Last night I did nothing for WRAP and nothing on a workbook page. I did do a Daily page and a blog. I got up and changed Dad's bed sheets, he'd shit on them. I set Dad's clothes up in the bathroom for Nancy to give him his shower. For lunch I made him a tuna sandwich, sliced apple and a granola bar. I put 2 cans of vegetarian beans and a can of light red beans in the crock pot and added a package of 8 hot dogs, the short ones. I spiced it up more with ground cloves, ground ginger, the last of the molasses, dry mustard, ketchup garlic and paprika. Later when it was about an hour until we were to eat I placed the sieve with the long handle over the still cooking crock pot and put the buns on that and covered them with the handled wok so the steam could heat up the buns and thicken the beans. I was cleaning the area next to the sink in the kitchen along with the plastic bin that holds the garbage can and recyclables the floor under it and in front of the dishwasher thoroughly. Once Nancy came I vacuumed the living room floor and the library floor and washed out the coffee maker since there were ants in it AGAIN! I was angry at Nancy for her not being happy about Dad's ass being sore from his sitting in pee and poop. I won't change Dad unless he lets me. Whatever. I made dinner but cutting up vegetables for the salad and the broccoli for a side dish. I prepared the boys dinner especially Kevin's since he was taking Dad out to see a movie. They went to see Pirates of the Caribbean the 4th one. I added another can of beans to the rest of the left over beans, that skunked Sam Adam's beer that's been sitting outside since last year and sliced up more hot dogs for flavoring. I cooked 2 hot dogs in it over night for Dad's lunch for friday. I then prepared Dad's night meds. I washed the dishes and ate way too much. I went online until they came home (Dad and Kevin,) then checked to make sure Dad took his night meds. I prepared Dad's morning meds and put a wash made up of Dad's disgusting pants that I soaked with the shit sheet and two bathroom mats. 
WRAP - Wrote this the Daily Page.  
Plans for Tomorrow I plan on picking Mom up from the airport around 4:30 pm. I plan on hanging Dad's wash outside since it's suppose to be sunny tomorrow afternoon. I need to order the Divalproex for Dad for pickup on Saturday.

A reminder: Mom comes back from North Carolina around 4:00 pm, Friday 27th. Tomorrow give Mom the papers you saved and tell her about the things that need to be done i.e. Dad's ass powdered, his medication picked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment