welcome to my blog...

I have had a plan to create a personalized Wellness Recovery Action Program (WRAP) to help me manage my disability: Bipolar Disorder. I decided to write down in a binder a Daily Page that outlined the things I did everyday, focusing on some basic information to help me track my recent habits. I am hoping to change these daily/semi-daily blogs so that they will help me form my personalized WRAP. I will also be adding links that I think are significant to Mental Illness and also a separate link list for WRAP interests.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Baggin' It...



FRIDAY, JUNE 24, 2011


Mood - I went to bed around 5:00 am. My mood was somewhere else, I woke up for the 10:00 am and 11:00 am alarms.
Physical - I took nothing when I got up. I felt groggy today and I went to the bathroom. I think I have a small head ache. The day was overcast with a mist but no rain. 
Woke up - I woke up at 11:00 am. I was feeling nothing. 
Activities - I ate the stuffed fish and stuffed eggplant for "brunch". Mom the rest to Dad for lunch. They left for Pawtucket to pick up her skates. I am here working on organizing and my WRAP Workbook. Problem is my mind is wandering as I work and I can't concentrate. I get a great idea but then I lose it. Things connect for a second then they fall apart. It's frustrating me because I feel like I am getting somewhere then the next moment I'm lost. I made a bagel with cheese and tomato sauce and ate it.
I plan on emailing HL about the museum pass for two that I bought and asking her advice on contacting the PA housing authorities like when and how. I just e-mailed her about the museum tickets and whether or not my flight info was wrong. Also how I should go about dealing with the housing authorities. I had printed out the $10.00 CVS coupon, the museum voucher and the information on Jonnycake center. I put the coupon and voucher in my purse and the information: I punched holes in  it and put it in the WRAP Workbook. I made a chicken salad sandwich and ate it.
Mom called to say that J was going to stop by to see of the wood was worth something. He and Mom talked about it last night. J and the girls came in just after I called P in. And as I was talking to the girls and convincing them P wasn't so scary Mom and Dad walked in. J and Mom went downstairs and checked the wood out. J says that it can probably be saved for the grill concrete base form. I don't know though if they're going to cut it or what.
After J took the girls home I went upstairs and online. C texted me that he was busy tonight and couldn't play the game so we're suppose to do it tomorrow night. I set the table once I came downstairs to see how Mom was doing. We had Pepper Steak, green salad, and eggplant parmigiana for dinner. Afterwards I went back upstairs and Mom came up and sat in bed with Mr. P. She came and handed me the SNAP 6 month review report to fill out it came in the mail. 
I stayed home tonight and watched two episodes of "Hoarders". I filled out as much of the SNAP report as I could. Mom took Dad out to see the newest X-men movie. I went downstairs and bagged some crap in the basement. I just took it outside and put it out with the rest of the garbage pails. 

WRAP - Wrote the blog for today. I wrote today's Daily Page. I still want to take the activity from Monday and write it down in the Workbook or maybe make it into a document and print it out for the book and complete it. I added a Piñata  sketch page into the daily section for July's Piñata . I also added the Jonnycake information to the Daily Page section.

Plans for Tomorrow I plan on getting up. I plan on accomplishing an activity for the WRAP book. Tomorrow C and I will be playing "You Don't Know Jack!" SM wants a cordless phone with 3 extra phones for her birthday next month.
  
{I want to change a bad habit so that I 1) Stop doing something bad 2) exchange the bad action with a positive action 3) and get a result that will help me in my life.}

A reminder: Sunday is the premiere at The Avon for True Blood, 6:30 pm. Erika said she might go with me since she may be able to get out of work at 5:00 pm. On facebook HR and I decided to go to a Lovecraftian movie at Rochambeau Library around the 27th of June at 6:00 pm. Mom will be going to NY the weekend of C's birthday, the 15th and the 14th. Erika is planning on going with her so I need to plan for at least 2 days worth of menus. ALSO PLAN A Piñata FOR LILY & FOURTH OF JULY!!! You have the little gifts from the last pinata, you just need candy. ALSO CALL JONNYCAKE CENTER FOR FOOD BASKETS OR EXTRA FOOD.

Some Other Links That May Help:
http://www.care2.com/greenliving/am-i-depressedand-what-can-i-do-about-it.html#comment-2225249

A response to the article: 
Am I Depressed—and What Can I Do About It?
posted by Dr. Ellen Walker Jun 21, 2011 12:26 pm



Actually although the definition of depression may not be a deep dark secret depression as a mental illness is misunderstood. Just reading the comments I can see at least 3 to 5 people on one page that don't know what they're talking about or have a serious misunderstanding of depression. There are different types of depression: situational (ie. someone dies and you become depressed as a direct result of that situation,) seasonal (your brain is affected by the seasons and doesn't get the chemicals it needs to regulate itself correctly,) biological (your body doesn't produce the chemicals it needs it correct amounts to regulate your moods,) and others (some that have and some that haven't been identified yet.) Depression can be one type of symptom in a complex diagnosis like PTSD or Bipolar disorder. 
Just because the definition can be found doesn't mean that it is easy to understand. In fact one of the biggest problems with depression is that it is so hard to understand that much stigma comes with it. Depression can happen to anyone. Depression is NOT unhappiness. It is not "having a bad day". Depression is an overused misunderstood term that needs to be examined to be recognized and treated. Not all types of depression need medication. Not all types of depression respond to therapy. Depression can lead to serious and lasting problems in a person's life if it isn't recognized and dealt with.
Although this article makes it sound as if depression is easy to identify it really is not. And the reasons why people feel depressed and how they are treated for it are as varied as the reasons people suffer from depression. Don't be mislead, become educated or suffer from your ignorance.

What Society Expects of Mommies
posted by Lissa Rankin Jun 21, 2011 11:03 am


What's sad is that every Mother should get together and respect that every Mother is different than another. This is why women in general have very little help and very little say in what is decided about their lives. When we quibble with each other we are really making ourselves weaker. People who Mother whether it's a man or a woman or a trans-gendered person or a homosexual have way too much to do and it is easy to suppress their rights because there is always too much to do. That goes for care takers too. People who care for people need to get together and support one another for their basic rights and get over each other's differences. In the end we are benefitting society. Judging how we do it sets us back more and more.




Things that gave me joy today and things that made me feel better about myself:
Joy: I saw the girls today.
Made me feel better about myself: Bagged up a large garbage bag full of disgusting stuff from the basement.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment