welcome to my blog...

I have had a plan to create a personalized Wellness Recovery Action Program (WRAP) to help me manage my disability: Bipolar Disorder. I decided to write down in a binder a Daily Page that outlined the things I did everyday, focusing on some basic information to help me track my recent habits. I am hoping to change these daily/semi-daily blogs so that they will help me form my personalized WRAP. I will also be adding links that I think are significant to Mental Illness and also a separate link list for WRAP interests.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Nuclear Reactor Tour...



SATURDAY, JUNE 25, 2011


Mood - I went to bed around 6:00 am. I did not eat last night!! My mood was motivated because we were going to see the Nuclear Power Plant at the GSO 50th anniversary today.
Physical - I took both migraine excedrin and allergy meds when I got up. I felt groggy today but motivated and I went to the bathroom. I had a small head ache. My morning was nice and warm and sunny. 
Woke up - I woke up at 11:00 am. I was feeling motivated. I took the migraine meds and the allergy pill.
Activities - I ate a bagel with melted cheese then took the pills. Mom and I left for the GSO's Open House. We took the Nuclear Plant Tour at 1:15 pm. It lasted until about 2:30 pm. You could see into the nuclear reactor and see the blue glow of the particles reactions to fission. It was awesome and we were told that this is one of the very few tours in the United States where you can actually see the nuclear core and the glow! We got a Del's lemonade and saw and talked to Leanna under the big top. Mom saw a few other people and chatted with them while Leanna told me that Kat was planning on having a get together at her house on July 2nd a Sunday. Mom and I went down to see the Henry Bigalow, the new NOAH ship that was docked for tours but we missed getting on because it left at 3:00 pm. Nahji was there and we said "hi," as he passed us away from  the boat.
Mom and saw Dave B in the Blount Aquarium Building where he was showing visitors his summer flounder experiments. They are measuring how much different types of feed benefit the summer flounder and the Soy Board is sponsoring it.She also talked to a graduate student that was working for another former colleague of hers P. We went back to the tent then went inside and Mom got a 50th anniversary t-shirt. We left after that since the place was closing down for that night's dinner, movie and dancing event that Mom and Dad were going to. 
When we got home I ate the rest of the pepper steak and the corn from the day before. I watched 2 episodes of hoarders after Mom and Dad left and waited for C to plat "YDKJ!" with me. I also drew a star on the back of a Pepsi carton that held cans for the piñata. I was going to order from Crazy Burger but the fact that I'd have to deal with tourist traffic on a Saturday night made me freak out so I made something instead. I boiled some elbows added some ground meat fried with garlic and onions, mixed in some cheese soup, cheddar slices, parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, and some fajita seasoning and warmed it up with some spaghetti sauce mixed in. It was disgusting but C had some and we played some "YDKJ!" until Kevin came home. 
Mom and dad didn't come home until after 10:00 pm (!) I made a point of going downstairs and talking to Mom about her night. She told me she and Dad had a good night but Dad drank 3 glasses of red wine and became very unstable. So they didn't dance but saw many people she knew and had dinner and saw the movie and the fireworks. The fog had rolled in and kind of muted the brightness of the fireworks but they had a good night anyway. At 2:00 am I watched the movie "I Saw The Devil" on Netflix. And at 2:24 am I took the gummi vitamins. I am going to make a point of taking the vitamins again.

WRAP - I wrote today's Daily Page. I still want to take the activity from Monday and write it down in the Workbook or maybe make it into a document and print it out for the book and complete it. 

Plans for Tomorrow I plan on getting up. I plan on accomplishing an activity for the WRAP book. I told Mom that I would come with her to see James Montgomery since Dad would probably not be able to deal with the volume or the crowd. I also plan on going to True Blood with Erika at the Avon tomorrow. SM wants a cordless phone with 3 extra phones for her birthday next month.
  
{I want to change a bad habit so that I 1) Stop doing something bad 2) exchange the bad action with a positive action 3) and get a result that will help me in my life.}

A reminder: On facebook HR and I decided to go to a Lovecraftian movie at Rochambeau Library tomorrow Monday, 27th of June at 6:00 pm. K and I are planning on making Aloo Gobi on Sunday after going to Spices and Things in Pawtucket (I'll also make a curry or something else for the potluck later). Kat is planning on a potluck at her house on Sunday July 2nd. Mom will be going to NY the weekend of C's birthday, the 15th and the 14th. Erika is planning on going with her so I need to plan for at least 2 days worth of menus. ALSO PLAN A Piñata FOR LILY & FOURTH OF JULY!!! You have the little gifts from the last pinata, you just need candy. ALSO CALL JONNYCAKE CENTER FOR FOOD BASKETS OR EXTRA FOOD.

Things that gave me joy today and things that made me feel better about myself:
Joy: I cooked a dinner for C and I and we played "YDKJ!" together.
Made me feel better about myself: I told Mom I'd go with her to see James Montgomery tomorrow. I didn't want to see the show but I hated thinking Mom would be going alone and she got 2 tickets too.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment