welcome to my blog...

I have had a plan to create a personalized Wellness Recovery Action Program (WRAP) to help me manage my disability: Bipolar Disorder. I decided to write down in a binder a Daily Page that outlined the things I did everyday, focusing on some basic information to help me track my recent habits. I am hoping to change these daily/semi-daily blogs so that they will help me form my personalized WRAP. I will also be adding links that I think are significant to Mental Illness and also a separate link list for WRAP interests.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

An Email to a Close Friend...

I have been symptomatic lately and haven't felt good enough to call. This past week with my Father stressed me out so very much. My response to the stress and preparing for the unknown with my Father was actually positive and a learning experience for me.
I assume you know that I can be very negative. It is one of my characteristics that people don't like to discuss with me. I assume it's because people are afraid of negativity or avoid it because they don't like it. I am also sure that many people I know downplay some of my symptoms because those symptoms make them uncomfortable. It's not helpful to me because I can not correct myself if people refuse to communicate with me about the things that I do that are not advantageous in my relationships with other people.
I also can not help other people to deal with me if they won't help me to deal with myself. It's a vicious circle that rarely gets broken unless someone has the courage to approach me or trusts that I am trying to break the cycle when I ask questions about myself.
Anyway I search to find out how to deal with the negative aspects of my illness, personality and past through working on this WRAP book that I've been telling you about.
Today I celebrate a month's worth of Blogs and hand written Daily Pages that are a start to my realization that I can manage my mind and find a way to recognize and maybe even preempt the symptoms that tend to catch me up in life. Caryl and I are going to take an hour walk and then go to Crazy Burger for a late dinner.
I am mixing positive rewards, setting an ideal of what I want to become, self actualization and goal setting to encourage myself to stay with this program.
Anyway, I hope you had a nice visit to RI when you came. I survived last week by asking for help from my family and demanding my Mother take this past week seriously. I do not want to have to go into a mental hospital again because I am not taking care of myself. Realistically I can not rely on anyone but myself to know how to help me deal with my illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment