welcome to my blog...

I have had a plan to create a personalized Wellness Recovery Action Program (WRAP) to help me manage my disability: Bipolar Disorder. I decided to write down in a binder a Daily Page that outlined the things I did everyday, focusing on some basic information to help me track my recent habits. I am hoping to change these daily/semi-daily blogs so that they will help me form my personalized WRAP. I will also be adding links that I think are significant to Mental Illness and also a separate link list for WRAP interests.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

e.e. cummings allowed me to be on the outer edge of society...


WEDNESDAY, JUNE 15, 2011


Mood - I had a small migraine when I woke up around 9:46 am (J. H. called). I woke up around 11:00 am with the alarm I set up took both the allergy medication and the excedrin migraine ad went to sleep until 12:30 pm. My period is gone today. I feel groggy today.
Physical - I went to bed last night at 3:00 am but didn't sleep until at least 5:00 am. I decided since it's been 7 weeks since I started the WRAP Workbook that it might be a good idea to concentrate more on my eating patterns than my sleeping habits.
It's been very cool at night enough for a sweater. 
Woke up - Woke up around 8:46 am then 11:00 am with the alarm I set up 12:30 pm after delaying taking the meds. at 11:00 am. I hope to get up before 11:00 am tomorrow. 
Activities - I got up around 12:30 pm. Took the meds before then and had a migraine at 11:00 am. I went to the laundromat with Mom, Dad had another hot pants explosion. Before I went I fed the fish (I plan on flushing the gourami tonight since I'm sure it's dead). paul sauntered from the lot across the street with a body on his jaws. I praised him but left him alone once he settled under the picnic table. It looked like his prey wasn't dead since he jolted at it once he put it down. I decided to leave him alone so he'd kill it and eat it. He's a very prolific hunter. Great cat! 
We dropped by the Post Office near the beach then went to CVS in town. I bought the Diet Pepsi 12 pack for $.99. We switched over the towels and one blanket to the dryer. Mom and I walked to the Dunkin's had an iced coffee (which I'm still sipping from). We walked over to a pond a few streets over from the laundromat. I told Mom I had F*ed up my flight to Philadelphia Sept. 19 to October 1st. I want to come back earlier but if she or Erika has a friend there maybe I can just stay with them for a bit - depends on my anxiety level. We walked back just in time for the laundry to do the cool down spin and we took it out and folded it. Dad was a mess again today. That's why Mom had to go to the laundromat. He messed some of his blankets by sitting on them (a regular occurrence for him). She made him take another shower even though he had one yesterday. Once we came home we hung the remaining blanket and laundry out. I took the dry laundry in and put it away. I went upstairs and got online. A little while later Mom said she was going for a walk around Lil' Comfort. I joined her. 
Jane Hall called this morning but I am waiting until later to call her back. It's nice here so it may be nice in CT so she'd be busy at work today. 
I set the table for dinner. Beef stir fry, green salad and rice a simple meal. I set Dad's place inside he doesn't like eating outside anymore. Mom and I ate at the picnic table. I went upstairs to see if there was any kind of deals I could get on hotels in Philly. Mom asked me if I want to go with them to have ice cream.
We went to Brickley's in Bonnet and I had a regular chocolate coconut almond on a sugar cone. It was soft but delicious. When we drove along the Wall we saw a boat off in the distance under the orange full moon. It looked like a smaller boat so we stopped to look at it through the binoculars. Dad got pissy and when asked by Mom said he wanted to go the fuck home and go to sleep. Mom said, "It's only 8:00." He was being a turd so we went home. 

WRAP - Wrote the blog for today. I wrote today's Daily Page. I think it's okay if I don't force myself to find URLs everyday to post on the page in fact I should organize the addresses I do have in the lists here. 

Plans for Tomorrow I plan on getting up. I plan on accomplishing an activity for the WRAP book. I plan on doing something or making something for Rick to thank him for taking care of my car's alternator. Mom is going to Pawtucket to get her skates sharpened tomorrow. She's planning on bringing Dad. Depending on what he decides he wants to do (which is most likely go with Mom,) I'll either go with them or stay here with Dad. His shower with Nancy is tomorrow.
  
{I want to change a bad habit so that I 1) Stop doing something bad 2) exchange the bad action with a positive action 3) and get a result that will help me in my life.}

A reminder: On the Tuesday the 21st: RIBS Group is planning on meeting at 6:00 pm in the Warwick Library Room 100. I am suppose to co-chair it with Donna. CALL DONNA. Plan on getting together for dinner or something with M. this week maybe and follow up on it. On facebook HR and I decided to go to a Lovecraftian movie at Rochambeau Library around the 27th of June at 6:00 pm. On the 19th I will be taking care of the girls all day for James to go Fishing with Craig to celebrate Father's Day. I also plan on taking the girls on the 26th, James is planning to take Sui May out that night for her birthday. Mom will be going to NY the weekend of C's birthday. Erika is planning on going with her so I need to plan for at least 2 days worth of menus. ALSO PLAN A PINATA FOR LILY & FOURTH OF JULY!!! You have the little gifts from the last pinata you just need candy. ALSO CALL JONNYCAKE CENTER FOR FOOD BASKETS OR EXTRA FOOD.


Things that gave me joy today and things that made me feel better about myself:
Joy: Sunlight and the way the light was all day.
Made me feel better about myself: I helped Mom out with the laundry and with setting the table and clearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment