welcome to my blog...

I have had a plan to create a personalized Wellness Recovery Action Program (WRAP) to help me manage my disability: Bipolar Disorder. I decided to write down in a binder a Daily Page that outlined the things I did everyday, focusing on some basic information to help me track my recent habits. I am hoping to change these daily/semi-daily blogs so that they will help me form my personalized WRAP. I will also be adding links that I think are significant to Mental Illness and also a separate link list for WRAP interests.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Better Than Expected...




THURSDAY, JUNE 30, 2011


Mood - I went to bed around 5:30 am. I went to sleep around 6:00 am and when my head hit the pillow I was so tired I felt like I was falling backwards and flipping off a cliff. I didn't eat after 8:00 pm. My mood was hyped. 
Physical - I got up around 10:30 am but slowly. My knee really is sore and hurts weirdly. I had a small headache. Mostly I felt very dopey until Jane called at 12:05 pm in response to my facebook plea for a call and small talk. 
Woke up - I woke up around 10:30 pm. I lay in bed, groggy. I took the migraine meds and the allergy pill. I also took the gummi vitamins at 3:35 pm. I ate the rice onions and peas from Tuesday night with some of the chicken juice this "morning" after I made Dad's chicken salad sandwich (I added a little crock of Jell-o too for him).
Activities - I fed the fish after making Dad's lunch. I lay on my bed until Jane called me a little gorked out. I printed out a copy of the update Household Problems document, a consumer scholarship application, a relapse plan and a wellness tools worksheet to complete tonight and tomorrow. 12:05 pm JH called and we talked for about 10 minutes. I called O at 12:19 pm and left a message on her phone. She called me back at 12:47 pm and we talked about her trip to Arizona and Texas until Dad interrupted to tell me he couldn't get the television to operate. After I helped Dad out I made myself a bagel and chicken salad sandwich and took it upstairs to finish transferring some worksheets and the household problems document to the flash drive to print out. Mr. P had come in when Dad took the laundry in about 1:00 pm so I gave him a treat and fed him. He lay out side in the upstairs hallway crying but wouldn't come in my room. While I was finishing up with the documents for printing E called me at 1:44 pm to ask how I was doing. I told her about JT's memorial today and feeling worried before I went to bed at 5 am that I would feel badly but didn't. She started to get busy with work and had to hang up. 
I went downstairs and printed the four documents out. Nancy came before I could start and asked me to lay out Dad's clothes and under gear, so I did. Then I went into Mom's office and printed out the four docs. Mom came home in the meanwhile and addressed the attentions of Mr. P and Dad. I told her E wasn't coming on the 4th because she had to work in Portsmouth. So I have these tasks to do: papier-mâché the piñata, check the PO Box, mail the human services update, fill out the scholarship form, and the blog and Daily Page (both of which I already started). I'm wondering if I can put off going into town until tomorrow but don't want to tag along with Mom and Dad then. 
Mom made hamburgers and hot dogs out on the grill tonight. We also ate the end of the season's asparagus with a green salad and some chopped up mango (courtesy of me). Mom and I decided to go see the osprey Jerusalem. They have two large chicks with no more fuzz. We drove over to the PO Box and I mailed the human services 6 month update, received "Bad Taste" from Netflix and some circulars. We saw C's hood open at Carquest so we stopped over. K was looking at the damage to the Mazda's radiator. mom offered him a ride but he declined. We couldn't find any pinwheels at the Dollar Tree. K called soon after we had gotten to DT and looked. So we went back after picking up napkins and potato chips, picked him up and drove home. I walked upstairs to my bedroom and typed this blog after finishing the Daily Page. I watched Bad Taste which was 80's bad but funny in a campy way. I'm looking at the scholarship form which I already filled out.

WRAP - Wrote the blog for today. I wrote today's Daily Page. I plan on filling out Mental Health America’s 2010 Annual Conference Scholarship form today as well as maybe check off and add wellness tools from the worksheet I printed out. I have 2 articles with URLs that are interesting today. I also have a list of 7 PDF files that I have saved to the blog folder in my My Book Printed out: WRAP Relapse Plan062911.pdf, WRAP Wellness Tools062911.pdf, Mental Health America’s 2010 Annual Conference.pdf, and xHouseholdproblems062011 copy5.pdf.

Plans for Tomorrow I plan on getting up. I plan on accomplishing an activity for the WRAP book. i'll probably go out and drop off the check to Anchor Storage tomorrow. I'll also pick up some money to pay Mom (+$38.00) and give to Ofelia ($30.00). SM wants a cordless phone with 3 extra phones for her birthday next month. I'll also work on the piñata adding papier-mâché to the form.
  
{I want to change a bad habit so that I 1) Stop doing something bad 2) exchange the bad action with a positive action 3) and get a result that will help me in my life.}

A reminder: K and I are planning on making Aloo Gobi on Sunday after going to Spices and Things in Pawtucket (I'll also make a curry or something else for the potluck later) or a new place near the Massachusetts border: Spiceland. Kat is planning on a potluck at her house on Sunday July 2nd. July 4th, Erika, Peter, Selena and their girls are NOT coming but James, Sui May and their girls are. I hope to see if they want to go to the South County museum to see the chicks. July 11th, 12th and 13th Jane is planning on coming to the Dutch Inn with her boys. Mom will be going to NY the weekend of C's birthday, the 15th and the 14th. E is planning on going with her so I need to plan for at least 2 days worth of menus. I need to papier-mâché the piñata the fourth of July cookout. I have the little gifts from the last pinata, I just need candy. I also need to wrap E's gift and buy SM a telephone. ALSO CALL JONNYCAKE CENTER FOR FOOD BASKETS OR EXTRA FOOD. AND MAIL THE ENVELOPE TO HUMAN SERVICES. Sept. 19 through October 1st I will be in Philadelphia. There's a conference Sept 18 through the 21st. in Philadelphia too. 

Things that gave me joy today and things that made me feel better about myself:
Joy: I found that conference in September in Philadelphia.
Made me feel better about myself: I feel like I got something accomplished and didn't spend too much of the day dealing with bad feelings. Also J, E and O called.
 [This template uses the Times Roman 20.0 pt. font.]

Some Other Links That May Help:


http://tucollaborative.org/about/about.html

The Temple University Collaborative
The Temple University Collaborative on Community Inclusion of Individuals with Psychiatric Disabilities is a Rehabilitation Research and Training Center, funded by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research to conduct state-of-the-art research and knowledge translation activities to improve opportunities for community inclusion of people with psychiatric disabilities.
Directed by Mark Salzer, Ph.D. Professor and Chair of Temple University’s Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, The Temple University Collaborative seeks to: 
  • target obstacles that prevent people with psychiatric disabilities from fully participating in their communities;
  • develop the services and supports consumers and communities need to promote full integration into all aspects of community life; and
  • expand the range of opportunities for people who have psychiatric disabilities to participate in their communities as active, equal members.
The Temple University Collaborative (formerly the UPenn Collaborative)is based at Temple University’s  new Department of Rehabilitation Sciences.  Partially driven by the mission of the Collaborative, the focus of the new Department is on the promotion of full community participation of individuals with disabilities, with a particular emphasis on individuals with psychiatric disabilities.  The new Department is Temple’s response to the increasing recognition by providers, consumers, administrators, and policymakers of the importance of community participation in promoting both the health and wellness of persons with disabilities and the economic and social health of community life.  

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/mental-health-recovery/files/WRAP%20Blank%20Forms/

wellness tools form pdf
Common Early Warning Signs pdf
Early Warning Signs Questionnaire pdf
WRAP Relapse Prevention Plan pdf
WRAP Mini Plan pdf
My WRAP Plan from University of Kansas pdf
Blank WRAP Plan Forms pdf
all downloaded to my BLOG folder on My Book form the Yahoo group: Mental Health Recovery

Also the document I cut and pasted "local" (read Massachusetts,) info about WRAP and recovery/peer to peer help including this event:

The Southeastern Massachusetts 
Recovery Learning Community 
5th Annual 
“RECOVERY IS REAL” 
Join us for a day of celebrating Recovery! It’s a day of sharing our recovery 
stories and empowering each other in our  journeys towards wellness. 
 Where: Taunton State Hospital- Ricky Silvia Gym 
 When: Thursday, August 11, 2011 
   9:00 am-2:30 pm 
   Registration begins at 8:30 am 
   Event from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm 

  
 Hear Recovery stories about working, financial, physical, and  emotional  
 wellness! 

 Define Recovery and identify tools that promote Wellness, as well as Barriers 
 that impede progress. 

 Promote Peer Support, WRAP, healthy living, and work as a tool for Recovery. 
In Cooperation with Community Counseling of Bristol County and Taunton State Hospital 
 
Confirm attendance on or before July 28th by calling Debbie at (508) 977-3417 
Refreshments and Lunch provided/ No CEU’s available 
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Interpretation provided 
BLOGrhodeislandWRAPmaybe063011.rtfd

No comments:

Post a Comment