welcome to my blog...

I have had a plan to create a personalized Wellness Recovery Action Program (WRAP) to help me manage my disability: Bipolar Disorder. I decided to write down in a binder a Daily Page that outlined the things I did everyday, focusing on some basic information to help me track my recent habits. I am hoping to change these daily/semi-daily blogs so that they will help me form my personalized WRAP. I will also be adding links that I think are significant to Mental Illness and also a separate link list for WRAP interests.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Busy Focused Day with Specific Goals is a Good Day...


TUESDAY, JUNE 14, 2011


Mood - I had a small migraine when I woke up. I woke up around 8:30 am then 10:00 am with the alarm I set up last night and finally at 11:15 am after delaying the alarm I set for 11:00 am. I took both the allergy medication and the excedrin migraine. My period is gone today. I feel good today.
Physical - I went to bed last night at 1:30 am but didn't sleep until at least 3:00 am. It's been very cool at night enough for a sweater. 
Woke up -   woke up around 8:30 am then 10:00 am with the alarm I set up last night and finally at 11:15 am after delaying the alarm I set for 11:00 am. I plan on getting up before 10:00 am tomorrow. 
Activities - I got up around 11:15 am. Took the meds. I went downstairs after staying in my bed for 15 minutes after taking the meds. I fed the fish I'm not sure but the depressed gourami still was on it's side and it might be dead. I made two cans of tuna fish with half mayo, half Miracle Whip, diced red peppers, diced onions, diced yellow pepper, dried onion, dried garlic, paprika and dill weed. I made Dad a sandwich, de-pitted a peach so he doesn't break his GD teeth again and a granola bar. I made myself a tuna fish salad on onion bagel. I defrosted the ground beef while I diced up a can of yams. I went upstairs and turned got on the internet. I rechecked to see if I had F*ed up my flight to Philadelphia and yes I had. Sept. 19 to October 1st! I know better than to buy things when I am stressed out and having an episode. Nancy showed up around 3:10 pm and dad was a MESS. he'd sh!t his pants in a big way so I bagged them, brought them downstairs and as Nancy showered Dad, I hosed his pants out. There were already a pair in the soaking bin so I drained the soiled water into the front garden and piled all the pants, shirts and even today's socks into the bin and filled it with water. I went inside and vacuumed the living room and library like Mom does because Dad's out of hearing range when he's upstairs and busy. I then diced some frozen fruit salad and a baked potato and mixed them up with a little of the yams' syrup added them to the yams, mixed, and divided the mixture into 4 crocks for Dad this week since there was no more yams or sweet potatoes. Dad convinced himself that white potatoes are BAD for you but sweet potatoes are healthful. I took last night's fruit salad and added some frozen fruit salad for dinner and let it defrost while I assembled the meat loaf. I then chopped up some red peppers, onions, yellow pepper, minced some garlic, added paprika, dried onion, oregano, basil and chopped up some dried bread and tossed the ground beef with it. I added an egg then sliced four hot dogs lengthwise into 5 to 6 pieces. Jane Hall called again and we talked about what kind of a decision I made yesterday about J.T.'s memorial and the situation here with Mom. I put dried bread into the bottom of the loaf pan, covered that with half the meat loaf mixture, covered that with two of the sliced hot dogs, added the rest of the meat loaf mixture, then placed the last two hot dogs on top. I mixed some ketchup with barbecue spice and covered the meat loaf with that. I put it in the oven which I had a hard time re-lighting the pilot so the oven was not preheated. Once the temperature rose to about 300˚ I put the yams in and  placed the Pillsbury buns into the cake pan. I set the table for dinner. Mom called as I was talking to Jane so I cut our conversation short to find out when she was coming home from Connecticut. I put the buns in about 10 minutes before I guessed dinner would be ready, got Dad's milk ready and assembled the food in the kitchen. I don't put the food right on the table because Dad will just serve himself and eat. And he has no idea of serving sizes any more or doesn't care. I like to think he just doesn't know so I don't get pissed off. It's bad enough that he shovels food indiscriminately into his mouth with a spoon and never cuts his meat unless Mom screams at him. i usually plan menus for him that include casseroles or dishes with pre-cut meats so he doesn't shove a whole breast or chop into his mouth without cutting it. I can't look at him as he eats. He gives anyone that looks at him a dumb look as he stuffs food into his face. It's unnerving. Dad and I ate and as Dad put away his dishes Mom arrived from her trip from CT and her talk on the tautog. I left Mom with the dishes and I went out the door to go to Carquest to meet C. I told Mom that I was going out but didn't tell her to the movies because Dad has a tendency to invite himself along.
C and I left for B's once he closed shop. Frappee came in at the end of the day from work and chatted a little with the guys. C and I drove to Men's Warehouse so C could pick up his rental tux for Friday. We went to the 7:45 pm showing of the newest X Men movie, I got a bag of M&M's peanut candies and C got a drink and ice cream. It was a very enjoyable movie. Dad may like it. I came home and watched the second season first episode of The Kingdom. Tomorrow I plan on going to CVS since they have an online card savings for Diet Pepsi. I texted Natasha and Shannon today and had a long text conversation with Natasha.

WRAP - Wrote the blog for today. I wrote today's Daily Page. I found 2 URLs for the WRAP Workbook. 

Plans for Tomorrow I plan on getting up. I plan on accomplishing an activity for the WRAP book. I plan on doing something or making something for Rick to thank him for taking care of my car's alternator. I also plan on going to CVS for the Diet Pepsi.
  
{I want to change a bad habit so that I 1) Stop doing something bad 2) exchange the bad action with a positive action 3) and get a result that will help me in my life.}

A reminder: On the Tuesday the 21st: RIBS Group is planning on meeting at 6:00 pm in the Warwick Library Room 100. I am suppose to co-chair it with Donna. CALL DONNA. Plan on getting together for dinner or something with M. this week maybe and follow up on it. On facebook HR and I decided to go to a Lovecraftian movie at Rochambeau Library around the 27th of June at 6:00 pm. On the 19th I will be taking care of the girls all day for James to go Fishing with Craig to celebrate Father's Day. I also plan on taking the girls on the 26th, James is planning to take Sui May out that night for her birthday. ALSO PLAN A PINATA FOR LILY & FOURTH OF JULY!!! You have the little gifts from the last pinata you just need candy. ALSO CALL JONNYCAKE CENTER FOR FOOD BASKETS OR EXTRA FOOD.


Some Other Links That May Help:

http://www.thrivewithbipolardisorder.com/?p=2484
Happiness, Excitement & Stress do NOT necessarily mean MANIA
http://www.emaxhealth.com/6705/stanford-study-links-childhood-trauma-mental-health-obesity
Stanford Study Links Childhood Trauma to Mental Health, Obesity

No comments:

Post a Comment