welcome to my blog...

I have had a plan to create a personalized Wellness Recovery Action Program (WRAP) to help me manage my disability: Bipolar Disorder. I decided to write down in a binder a Daily Page that outlined the things I did everyday, focusing on some basic information to help me track my recent habits. I am hoping to change these daily/semi-daily blogs so that they will help me form my personalized WRAP. I will also be adding links that I think are significant to Mental Illness and also a separate link list for WRAP interests.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Emotional Recovery...



MONDAY, JUNE 27, 2011


Mood - I went to bed around 6:00 am. I did not eat last night!! My mood was blah. 
Physical - I took both migraine excedrin and allergy meds when I got up. I felt groggy today. I had a small head ache. Joints ached walking up the stairs like usual. 
Woke up - Mom woke me up at 10:00 am. I lay in bed, groggy. I took the migraine meds and the allergy pill. I also took the gummi vitamins. I then lay down until 10:45 am before getting up to take the television out of the house on the dolly.
Activities - I rolled the television out to the car and then loaded it in with the dolly. we drove to Rose Hill and dropped off the television in the tech recycling pod. We drove over to CVS. I ate a half bag of honey twist pretzels at CVS. Mom drove to Arnold's Lumber so she could find out if they had the new bulk head for the cellar entrance. I took the dolly downstairs once we got home. Mom and I hung the laundry. 
I ate 2 raw hot dogs and a raisin bagel with melted cheese for lunch. I eventually called Erika to see what she was doing today. She was at home dealing with her car so I decided not to go over. I futzed around in my room. I sealed the envelope that human services sent me after I made sure all the paper work was filled out. I read "Shakey". In general I was feeling emotionally drained after yesterday and talking to Mom, K and MT. I went online and watched at least 3 episodes of "Hoarders". As I was watching "Hoarders" I was also cuting the form for the star piñata from Pepsi cartons.
Dinner was steak, green salad, green beans, white potato, and sour cream. I had set the picnic table for Mo and I. I also cleared most of the things from outside and went back upstairs to do some online stuff. I pasted the form for the piñata (finishing around 1:30 am). At 9:00 pm I remembered that Mom and I agreed to call Jen and get together for a dinner while we asked her some business questions. We asked K to take Dad out Wednesday night for dinner so we could get this done. 
I called Jen and we agreed to meet at Kabuki at 6:30 pm on Wednesday night. Mom and I have to make a list of questions we think we need to ask when we see Jen then. I watched a few more episodes of "Hoarders" when I finally went upstairs. I wrote the Daily Page for today. I also did a blog for today. 

WRAP - Wrote the blog for today. I wrote today's Daily Page. I still want to take the activity from Monday and write it down in the Workbook or maybe make it into a document and print it out for the book and complete it. I gave myself an emotional break because I felt that yesterday I became emotionally over loaded. I started with trying to deal with the business and it's serious and unknown effects it's having on the family. I feel like there is too much hiding. Too much funny stuff is going on and promises are changing with out telling the people who need to know.

Plans for Tomorrow I plan on getting up. I plan on accomplishing an activity for the WRAP book. I told E I might go over to her house tomorrow. I told Mom that we need to make a list of things to talk to J about. SM wants a cordless phone with 3 extra phones for her birthday next month.
  
{I want to change a bad habit so that I 1) Stop doing something bad 2) exchange the bad action with a positive action 3) and get a result that will help me in my life.}

A reminder: K and I are planning on making Aloo Gobi on Sunday after going to Spices and Things in Pawtucket (I'll also make a curry or something else for the potluck later). Kat is planning on a potluck at her house on Sunday July 2nd. July 11th, 12th and 13th Jane is planning on coming to the Dutch Inn with her boys. Mom will be going to NY the weekend of C's birthday, the 15th and the 14th. E is planning on going with her so I need to plan for at least 2 days worth of menus. I need to papier-mâché the piñata the fourth of July cookout. I have the little gifts from the last pinata, I just need candy. I also need to wrap E's gift and buy SM a telephone. ALSO CALL JONNYCAKE CENTER FOR FOOD BASKETS OR EXTRA FOOD. AND MAIL THE ENVELOPE TO HUMAN SERVICES.

Things that gave me joy today and things that made me feel better about myself:
Joy: I relaxed at home and took it easy after yesterday's emotions.
Made me feel better about myself: I started the papier-mâché piñata and finished the form. Called J about business.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment