welcome to my blog...

I have had a plan to create a personalized Wellness Recovery Action Program (WRAP) to help me manage my disability: Bipolar Disorder. I decided to write down in a binder a Daily Page that outlined the things I did everyday, focusing on some basic information to help me track my recent habits. I am hoping to change these daily/semi-daily blogs so that they will help me form my personalized WRAP. I will also be adding links that I think are significant to Mental Illness and also a separate link list for WRAP interests.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Shuttle, Ospreys and Rain...



WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22, 2011


Mood - I went to bed around 3:00 am. I punched the Pope so I didn't sleep until 5:00 am. I thought today was Thursday and expected SM to call.
Physical - I took an allergy pill when I got up and the excedrin, too. I felt groggy today and very stuffed up when I went to the bathroom. I think I have a cold I was sneezing and my head was funky. The day was overcast and rain came and went. 
Woke up - I woke up at 12:00 pm. I was feeling crappy when I got up. 
Activities - I ate a hot dog before leaving. Mom and I went to the Newport Toll booths and she re-upped the pass. We first went to the Coffee Connection and I got a chicken salad on a baguette no cheese please and a medium iced coffee half of which is still sitting in her car. C texted me that he wanted me to go to the shuttle in NK at 3:00 pm. Mom and I were making the osprey rounds to Indian Rock Road and Jerusalem. the ospreys don't look like their brooding anymore but both of the females were unhappy we were there and chirped their little cries until we left. Mom took me home so I jumped in my car at 3:00 pm and drove over to Carquest. I drove up to NK got the shuttle parts then drove over to BS and dropped off a part for him. I stopped by Narragansett Shell and dropped of their order too. A was working today but was gone by the time I got back. C changed my windshield wipers and I drove home. I got online but only to start up safari. 
I helped Mom by setting the table. Paul has been inside since about 3:00 pm because of the rain. We ate linguini with eggplant parmigiana, and a green salad. Today was nice that there were things to do
I cleared some of the dinner table and went back upstairs.  

WRAP - Wrote the blog for today. I wrote today's Daily Page. I still want to take the activity from Monday and write it down in the Workbook or maybe make it into a document and print it out for the book and complete it.  

Plans for Tomorrow I plan on getting up. I plan on accomplishing an activity for the WRAP book. I'll call SM in the morning tomorrow, to see when she wants me to come over. Dinner tomorrow there with the 'rents and J and the girls. What does SM want for her birthday next month?
  
{I want to change a bad habit so that I 1) Stop doing something bad 2) exchange the bad action with a positive action 3) and get a result that will help me in my life.}

A reminder: Thursday Mom, Dad and I plan on going to James and Sui May's house for dinner. I plan on going earlier to see Sui May for a little bit. On facebook HR and I decided to go to a Lovecraftian movie at Rochambeau Library around the 27th of June at 6:00 pm. Mom will be going to NY the weekend of C's birthday, the 15th and the 14th. Erika is planning on going with her so I need to plan for at least 2 days worth of menus. ALSO PLAN A PINATA FOR LILY & FOURTH OF JULY!!! You have the little gifts from the last pinata, you just need candy. ALSO CALL JONNYCAKE CENTER FOR FOOD BASKETS OR EXTRA FOOD.

Some Other Links That May Help:

6 Ways to Ward Off Depression




Ed you need to get educated about depression. There are differing types of depression and your ignorance is sad and promotes stigma. I know that anti-depressants don't cure depression. In fact anti-depressants don't effect certain types of depression. They are used to relieve some people's symptoms. 
There are different types of ways to deal with depression. And lithium is one way to deal with the chemical imbalance that causes some types of depression. It's not a bad thing to relieve depressive symptoms by treating them with medications IF they are actually helping the person get through the issues that are exacerbating depressive symptoms. Although I do believe that the medical community is over medicating people with all types of medications and there are articles about the tie between psychiatric and pharmacological collusion in promoting drugs as much as possible for mental illnesses, I don't believe that drugs are the culprit. I also believe Scientology's "Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health" and it's belief that the psychiatric community is all bad and trying to promote drugs for everyone is a bunch of bull. 
As far as this article goes it seems kind of boring and general. It doesn't tell me anything I couldn't already get off the internet (sigh...). It may help people who don't know any better to go out and get information in helping themselves solve some serious problems and that is good. 
For every person that has a problem and wants a better life: keep looking and never stop. And like Buddah said: Believe Nothing. No Matter Where You Read It, or Who Said It, Even If I Have Said It, Unless It Agrees with Your Own Reason and Your Own Common Sense.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_95113476577&id=10150280911576578&ref=notif&notif_t=group_activity
I posted 2 responses to this woman's post online about anger on the "Children of Parents With Mental illness" wall. 3 more posts were added today:
More on the Anger Post:
•M J Hi All - I've been mulling on this all morning and the topic has been coming up in other conversations and corners of my life as well. I've decided I'm going to dedicated my July blog to the topic of Anger. Does anyone object if I reference this conversation or, if there is a statement I would like to quote would people be ok with it? And would you want to be credited or not credited if I use a quote?
7 hours ago · Like


MRS 
WOW Maggie....I am "glad" that my recent emotion sparked such a constructive response here LOL. I have always tried to be stronger than my anger and not succumb to it but sometimes, I see where I am at in life and know exactly how I got there and how so much stemmed from my outrage and fleeing my parents' home. I think the children of the mentally ill, through no fault of their own, take a longer time after leaving home to heal and reacquaint themselves with their own person and individuality. In my 40s now, I can just address the angry child in me who stuffed it all inside and this girl I was, had to keep silent about so much going on around her in life. I am so glad you are going to blog on this. I was so mad visiting my folks the last couple of weeks. My dad's manipulative nature and the way he can be verbally abusive when he wants attn, it just made me sick to my stomach because he isn't even the one with the diagnosis. His childishness is how he responded to my overbearing mother and I just get so resentful that he feeds off being so ridiculous at 80. I am angry because they won't be around much longer and nothing ws ever done for either of them to take responsibility for what they did to their daughters. We will just have to make and find that closure on our own and when my folks leave this planet, it will be extra sad because they never said they were sorry for the stuff they put us through. the only apology I got for this life was the one I received from my mother IN A DREAM ! WHAH
6 hours ago · Unlike · 2 people


•CPB 
‎M J, before I reply personally to this topic, I would like to share a good article on anger, that you could use for your blog: http://www.123webpages.co.uk/user/index.php?user=mgc&pn=10734

http://www.123webpages.co.uk/user/index.php?user=mgc&pn=107


http://www.123webpages.co.uk/user/index.php?user=mgc&pn=1
Manchester Gestalt Centre for psychotherapy and counsellingis a group of psychotherapists, trainers, supervisors and organisational consultants. From our Gestalt perspective, we work with an emphasis on awareness, relationship and integration to facilitate the natural human capacity and drive to be healthy.
Welcome to our website! We hope that you find it useful and informative,and it is our aim to update it on an ongoing basis. Please check back with us on a regular basis to get news of new short courses, publications etc. Links to other parts of the website, and to other sites, appear in brown. We have also added many more online articles, and a new page, 'MGC Noticeboard'. We welcome comments and suggestions on how to improve the website.

Things that gave me joy today and things that made me feel better about myself:
Joy: I was able to get some things done and get out of the house.
Made me feel better about myself: Getting up and getting out almost immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment