welcome to my blog...

I have had a plan to create a personalized Wellness Recovery Action Program (WRAP) to help me manage my disability: Bipolar Disorder. I decided to write down in a binder a Daily Page that outlined the things I did everyday, focusing on some basic information to help me track my recent habits. I am hoping to change these daily/semi-daily blogs so that they will help me form my personalized WRAP. I will also be adding links that I think are significant to Mental Illness and also a separate link list for WRAP interests.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Federally Subsidized Foods...


THURSDAY, JUNE 2, 2011


Mood - I was feeling dopey when I woke up. I woke up at 11:45 am. I didn't feel great and took 2 excedrin migraine because I felt so woozy. I also took an allergy pill. After Mom and I checked on the ospreys in Matunuck I started to have some pain in my right eye socket. 

Physical - I went to bed at 3:45 am. 

Woke up -  I woke up at 11:45 am. I plan on getting up at 9:00 am.

Activities - Today Mom and I went to the senior center for the federally subsidized foods. Mom applied because even though she and Dad make a good amount, they get Social Security which allows them to get the foods. We first went to Indian Run Road and checked on the ospreys. We stopped by Matunuck to check on the ospreys near the DEM wet lab there. After going to the Senior Center next to the YMCA we stopped by the UPs Store. I wanted to pick up my copy order to see how it turned out. They are very nice over there and the man at the counter gave me his card when I told him there was a job that the online submit program wouldn't let me upload. I had planned on getting the Black Dog Institute toolbox printed out but couldn't. We came back  home forgetting Dad's milk. 
Mom made chicken cacciatore for dinner with green beans, linguini and a salad. We went to see the 4th Pirates of the Caribbean. I couldn't pay understand what the characters were saying in many parts. My concentration is out the door. 
Kevin drove me to the post office and I checked my box there was "The Butterfly Effect". I ordered 3 tickets to Southwick Zoo for James' birthday present. I came home and finished today's Blog.
WRAP - Wrote the blog for today. I plan on writing today's Daily Page before I go to sleep. I picked up and punched holes in 3 work sheets I ordered online at UPs yesterday (RelapseSignatureLearningfromExperience.pdf, PrioritiesIdentifyingYourPrioritiesSheet.pdf and PatientTreatmentChart.pdf). I also found a helpful Blog that I thought would have some good information on BP. 

Bipolar Awareness ~ Stop the Stigma A hub to find places to educate yourself about Bipolar Disorder and find support including current news, events and information related to the ENTIRE spectrum of mental illness, its challenges and rewards.

http://stopthestigma.wordpress.com/


Healthguru website:

Bipolar Disorder Types

Bipolar disorder varies in terms of pattern and severity. Learn about the characteristics of each type as we review bipolar I, bipolar II, rapid cycling, and mixed bipolar or cyclothymia. (This is a video about the different types of Bipolar disorder.)


http://mental.healthguru.com/topic/bipolar-disorder/bipolar-disorder-types

Plans for Tomorrow I plan on getting up. I plan on an activity for the WRAP book. I am planning on calling Erika about whether or not we're going to Boston. I plan on giving Anchor Storage their check and paying Mom her rent. Don't forget to give her the receipt. 
I would like to write up a "project page" addressing a need for change. I want to change a bad habit so that I 1) Stop doing something bad 2) exchange the bad action with a positive action 3) and get a result that will help me in my life.

A reminder: On the 16th RIBS Group is planning on meeting at 6:00 pm in the Warwick Library Room 100. I am suppose to co-chair it with Donna. CALL DONNA.

No comments:

Post a Comment